SMPI Labor/Management Committee Mission
The Southeast Michigan Piping Industry Labor/Management Committee was made possible by a grant from the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service.
The mission of the Labor/Management Committee is the marketing of plumbing, mechanical and service construction, and the development of solutions to problems facing the piping industry.
Since its beginning in 2005, the committee has completed the following:
- Two constituent surveys, measuring attitudes and beliefs about one another and the current condition of the piping industry in our area
- Development of a list of common issues to be discussed by the committee during the next year
- Development, printing and distribution of marketing materials targeted to hospitals and schools
- Development of a five year marketing plan
- Attendance at the Federal Labor Relations Conference in August, 2006
- A survey assessing labor’s commitment to a “Code of Excellence” which measured a 99% commitment
- Voted to continue funding the program beyond the grant period
- Placed advertisements and sponsorships in school and hospital publications
- Completed a post survey with constituents measuring satisfaction with advertising